The LORD has told you what is good, and this is what He requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8 NLT
To Do What is RightSeek God first in your life. The Goal of this life is to become more like Christ by consistently being in His presence and allowing Him to shape you (see Colossians 3:10)
- Learn to practice "God Sightings" - watch for God being active in your life
- Prioritize your day in order to spend time with God
- At the end of the day, review what happened with God through prayer. Ask His guidance for the next day.
- Consistently worship God each Sunday (the online video, DVDs or CDs are nice... but not the same as worshiping with others)
- Get an accountability partner
- Join a Journey small group
To Love MercyExtend compassion through action to others who are in need (not just feeling compassion, but acting upon it - see Proverbs 24:12)
Actions based upon the missions model of Acts 1:8
- Locally - our "Jerusalem"
- Nationally - our "through Judea"
Globally - our "Samaria and ends of the world"
- Put together a box for Operation Christmas Child
- Take the Rice & Beans Challenge - and donate the money you save to an organization fighting hunger
- Join a short term missions trip to Haiti
- Donate fabric to support our partnership with Sole Hope to make shoes
- Sponsor a child through Compassion International or Amazima Ministries in Uganda
To Walk Humbly With Your GodGrow spiritually, relying upon God and learning to follow His lead
- Take time to Celebrate
- Slow down
- Serve Others using your spiritual gifts
- Read God's Word - the Bible
- Just starting? - take the Essential Jesus challenge
- Read the Gospels Chronologically over the next month or two
- Find another Bible reading plan to help get you going
- Mediate and memorize God's Wor
- Find an app for your phone to help you - like Scripture Typer
Example of Loving Mercy / Showing Compassion without it being about money or stuff....